Guidance for Trustees, Council members, employed, freelance and contracted staff, COPE members, and everyone who accesses COPE resources
The following are intended to provide a clear and coherent set of policies and procedures to ensure that:
- our organisation is well run; and
- all who work for, volunteer for, or access COPE resources understand how we operate across all areas.
These policies and procedures have been designed to:
- ensure compliance with the law and regulation (eg, Companies House, Charities Commission);
- provide appropriate controls, including a framework for delegation by the Board of Trustees to staff or volunteers that set out how things should be done and what is expected of its people;
- ensure transparency and accountability that the Board of Trustees will be conducting the work of the charity appropriately;
- limit risk.
COPE is currently reviewing and extending its policies. Any additions or amendments will be added here.
Last updated 18 April 2023